1. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Circle of the Shepherd Druid Guide to Fuzzy Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Nhym View Post
    I've updated my guide with a multiclass section after being requested to add one.

Problem is I don't usually multiclass, so I would like some input on the section for veracity from people that multiclass. I notice a lot of multiclassing discussions on this forum so I figure it's a good place to be for that.
    I've taken two one level dips on my shepherd druids and I'm quite liking them. Life cleric, as you mention in the guide, is fantastic. I would also like to give an honorable mention to divine soul sorcerer, which you rate poorly.

I rolled stats, and already had 13 charisma, so that wasn't actually an issue for me, but I can definitely see it being one if you use point buy. However, one level in divine soul sorcerer provides a lot: the shield spell, some additional cantrips (booming blade/green flame blade are casting stat neutral and fantastic options if you have decent dex), and another button to push to avoid losing concentration every short rest. The feature that gives 2d4 to a save that refreshes on a short rest is one I find really appealing, personally, and it has saved me from quite a few close calls.

Since the level 20 druid feature is mostly useful for moon druids, dipping out a couple levels isn't such a bad idea. Most shepherd druid power comes from upcasting conjure animals anyway.
    Last edited by Captain Panda; 2021-04-04 at 03:25 PM.