1. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Mafia Capital (WWC XIII): Important Info Here -- READ OPENING POSTS!

I'll throw a game idea out there for the sign-up.

Aliens Game (Pick Your Power)
    General note: Aliens are the "mafia", but lack a factional kill power. To compensate, they have stronger powers than normal. I gather the idea is that their power-supremacy should let them manipulate the town into mislynches enough to dominate.
    Gimmick: all-power or almost-all-power, mostly-open setup game. Possible powers for aliens will be known. Active powers for Town will be known; not sure yet if it'll be all powered or some vanilla town in there. The main gimmick is that the aliens pick their own powers by the end of D1. Two aliens cannot pick the same power. Depending on number of players, there might be a serial killer or survivor, or some other neutral; this will be known if it's the case.

Maybe I'll even have the Town start without powers, and they put their most-desired powers in their QuickTopic. By end of day, I let them know what their power is. But that seems a bit too complicated to be worth doing.

I'll probably lift the alien powers from one of Unavenger's Crazy Idea games. Meaning an alien could pick vigilante (have a NK) as their power.

Spoiler: likely Alien powers in play
    Show

Grabbed & modified from the latest Crazy Idea game.

Alien Vigilante: Once per night, you can choose one target and kill that target.

Alien Researcher: Once per night, you can choose one target. You learn that target's FACTION and ROLE.

Alien Psychotrooper: Once only, at night, you can use your ability. Whether or not your ability is active, you have this power: if you are investigated by a seer, you give TOWN if it detects alignment and INNOCENT CHILD if it detects role.
    If you activate your ability, ALL investigations are incorrect for all people targeted that night.

Alien Protector: Once per night, you can choose a player. You block everything targeting that player the same night (except you targeting them with this power). You cannot target yourself twice consecutively.

Alien Mindslaver: Once per night, you can choose a player. That player's ability is blocked this night. You may activate their ability by attempting to choose a new target for it. If you choose a valid target, you use their ability on that target. You send that player to visit their target, not yourself.
    If there is any feedback to the power, both you and your target get the feedback.

Alien Overseer: Once per night, you can choose a player. You learn who targeted that player, who that player targeted, and any powers used.

Alien Jack of All Trades: You may use the Protector, Mindslaver, Overseer, and Researcher powers once per game.

Alien Universal Backup: The first time ever that a member of your faction dies, you gain their powers. If another member dies, you can choose to assume their powers and lose your old powers, if you wish.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-03-23 at 10:20 PM.