Eponine rides on top of one of the wagons alongside Felix, keeping a watchful eye out. As the riders set off to flush out the goblins on the first day Eponine clearly wishes she was riding with them. "How come they get to have all the fun? Is it because they've got horses? I wish I'd been able to bring Misty. I guess I'll have to buy a new horse when I've got the pieces. Is this poverty? Is this what poverty is like? Having to earn money suuuucks," she laments.

The next day she's nowhere near as alert, having found the food unpalatable and the common bunk room at the inn too noisy and uncomfortable to get a proper night's sleep, and she barely manages to realise a knight is passing by in time to smarten her hair and smile back! When Elethielle stops by, she admits this is her first long journey. "Is it always this uncomfortable?"

By the third day Eponine perks up a bit, hunger and fatigue having forced her to eat and sleep despite the meager surroundings. And so it continues for four more days until the caravan catches sight of of the wizard's group. "Daddy always says not to meddle with the affairs of wizards," Eponine comments to Felix. "Because they're, like, totally weird. Or something like that," she continues, craning her neck for a better look.