Not gonna lie. unOrdinary is one of my favorite webcomic/manga atm.

But god, oh god, is the pacing atrocious. I've never seen such glacial pacing in a webcomic (and I've read Erfworld). Like, I **** on a lot of webcomics for this, but here it double applies. It seems like this might be a WebToons issue cause a lot of comics to follow a similar pattern.

Spoiler: Here be spoilers for everything
Show

That said. I never met a more unlikeable cast that I can still follow around.

Other than John, Remi, and maybe Sera, everyone is a massive douche. To clarify: John isn't a douche; he's a ****ing bastard.

John seems to understand how cripple and low tiers feel. OTOH he's a powerhouse that hates using his power. He seems to be suffering from some PTSD and MASSIVE ****ING ANGER ISSUES that would make Khorn recruit him on the spot. Oh, and John-everyone-is-trash has massive self-loathing and ego issues (don't pin me beating your friends on me, says John, after quite brutally bashing his fellow students).

Sera seems like a kind of **** tier friend, disbelieving John (her friend) and generally just enjoying the rebel life with John, but not really helping that much. Her siding with Arlo is quite understandable; John lied to her and never admitted to his failings. That said if your "friend" is going through a rough time, "Get over it" might be a complete ****ing wrong thing to say. There was a joke on some unOrdinary Discord that maybe Sera should "Get over" her issues with her sister. I mean, it's just that easy, right, Sera? What if her betrayal played on loop for a year?

Remi is a slacktivist. Organizing stuff that, while well-intentioned, is bound to fail. Basically, Rei 2.0. In essence, he achieved nothing. She's, however nicest cast around.

Arlo. Is a massive prick. Yeah, let's antagonize a guy that's not scared of you; let's trigger his deep-seated trust issues to force him into the fold. That worked out nicely for everyone involved. And he got with it Scotts free, sans a beating or two and loss of title, that he didn't care about much anyway. Right now, finding out authorities killed his best friend is probably the biggest punishment that he "suffered."

Blyke. Also, a douche. Luckily he kind of redeemed himself by not doing drugs with obvious side effects. That said, yeah, he couldn't stand John, but John has inadvertently shown that he'd probably be the best super-power teacher in that world. He motivated Blyke to improve while showing techniques Blyke didn't know he had. But he basically has the same temper as John, though not as extreme.

But what kills this webcomic for me is again the glacial pacing and John's character being stuck between a kind traumatized teenager you feel sorry for and an outright villain. And it's been stuck for hundreds of episodes. I kind of want him to be redeemed or go full-on villain and get to murder.

I mean, I give kudos to the author for not chickening out and making PTSD trivial to heal, but this is just going overboard.