Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
I have no notable experience with cult games personally, so I can't suggest anything from experience, but this seems useful advice until more experienced users give insight.
Thanks. I should use that website more when designing a game.
I could see having the Cult Leader be the only one with an actual conversion power, so the cultists effectively become like "Aliens" if their leader dies. I was planning on altering (and slightly powering-up) the abilities of powered townies if converted. If I go that route, I'll probably have the vigilante retain their kill ability if converted.

If I do that...
My original idea for Cult Leader was that their was "you cannot die until someone has been recruited to the cult". So if lynched D1 or night-killed N1, nothing happens since no conversion occurred yet, but they could be lynched D2 or killed N2. At least unless the conversion N1 was blocked, in which case the immunity sticks.
I could see this causing the (in my eyes, humorous) thing of them getting lynched D1 and then D2 basically being a waste of time as they are lynched again. Actually, that sounds less funny as I say it, so I'd probably ask everyone if they want to skip to the next Night... but then it's just All Town vs. 1 weak cultist. Blargh... that website is right that cults are hard to balance.
Maybe I'll alter it to "you survive one kill". That way the cult should at least get a couple people before getting beheaded.