Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
A possibly interesting variation on night communication would be to have no QTs, BUT to allow the most senior surviving cultist to send a single one way message to the entire cult, sent in and relayed through the GM once the conversion vote resolves. If there's a Spy, they do get access to this message but do not convert.
I really like that idea.
My original thought process was no group QTs (except via one power role's power), and the Spy-type learns the name of 1 Cultist when converted.
Each Cultist gets to vote nightly on who to convert, with the concensus winning. The Spy's vote would count.

But the idea of the senior cultist being able to send a message sounds good. Allows some coordination, but not a ton. I might allow every cultist to post a message to their QT that will be shared with everyone -- basically emulating the Cult being able to sneak away to chat for a minute, but not being able to do big discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grek
I think that including a serial killer in a cult game would require a very large number of players. A vigilante would require slightly fewer people, but raises the question of what happens if the vigilante is converted - do they retain the ability to kill?
Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
What ways does Town have to stop conversions?

By this I mean that, assuming one lynch each day and one conversion each night, the Cult inevitably wins so Town needs valid means to prevent conversions/lynch faster then conversions happen.

I feel like the question about SK/Vigilante hinges heavily on that.
Those are good points, and something I hadn't really considered until last night.

Of the roles I'm envisioning, one would include something like a voider/protector who could stop conversions if they target the right person that night. The vigilante could kill someone, obviously. Also a seer-type to see faction-alignment. If a powered-town is converted, their power changes slightly. I'm thinking a Vigilante (night-kill) becomes a Beast (e.g., if they get lynched, they take a townie with them).

If a Survivor makes it into the game, they have several 1-use powers, including a void/protect-esque one and probably a kill.
If a Serial Killer, well, obviously they can eliminate cultists.

But I highly doubt the game would be big enough to include neutrals. So let's just assume no neutrals.
So how can game win if 1 lynch per Day? With my current setup: only really if the vigilante or the protector get lucky, which isn't fair.

I've never seen a cult game before the current one. (Yeah, AV's Cats one had a cult element, but it was a sideline and so unlucky nothing really happened with it.) How do cult games normally work?
Do the Town normally die if lynched? I could see following RA's game in that you only die if you are cult.