View Single Post

Thread: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

1. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Bedford by Night II

I count three successes total.

What are the risks and options with regards to not killing the plague lord spirit?
    If the pack does not eat the spirit, it will be thrown into the Hisil in a state of hibernation, needing to take a very long time recover corpus and Essence before it can "awaken". The pack's sigils of warding would keep the spirit contained in the interim, and given how long it would take for the spirit, the pack could prepare many "outcomes" for HWOB.

-During this time, the pack could learn any number of rites to contain the spirit; such as "Bottle the Spirit", "Shadow Bind", or "Fetish" (see pages 140-142ish). It could potentially turn HWOB into an ally or an asset if the spirit can be contained in this way. I'd probably give the pack some bonuses for being able to prepare the rite for months before HWOB comes back
    -Alternatively, the pack could simply bolster the power of the sigil wards, and thus capturing the spirit within (like Pequod), could then use social maneuvers to turn the spirit into an ally or force it to inform them about the Beshilu... or perhaps whatever it was in the ocean that caused the Beshilu to flee the seaside.

Just spit balling with the above.

EDIT: @Irrelephant: If you want help determining how Juno would respond, feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-08-12 at 12:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)