I mentioned a variant of Wereworlf called The Thing a few posts back. I wanted to formalize the rules and offer to run a game, if enough people are interested.
Spoiler: rules
Show

1. All scientists go to sleep.
2. All scientists who are Things infect a victim (who is secretly notified)
3. If over half of the living scientists are infected, the game ends, otherwise everyone wake up.
4. One scientist is chosen for testing: if positive (aka he is a Thing), he dies, else he continues playing
5. A bonus test is tried on another scientist: if positive, he dies and another bonus test is tried.
6. Bonus tests continue until either all infected scientists are killed or a negative result is obtained.
7. On a negative result, bonus tests end, the last tested scientist continues playing, and everyone goes back to step one.

There are roles that can be added too, like a rogue (who is town and kills at night, trying to find the thing, but that the other scientist want dead for his vigilanty ways), a doctor (who can protect someone at night), a pharmacist (who survives 1st attack), resistant thing (dies when tested, but takes so long as to end the testing when they die), etc.

But I figured for a first game, it would be fun to just play it without powers, as it is already different enough from werewolf. Idealy this would need about 20 players. If it is closer to 10 players, then the researchers loose their free bonus test, as it just gives them too much of an advantage. You start with 2-3 things depending on the number of players.