I'm finding chapter very interesting. Kat has always been my favorite character and I've always been curious about her status as a 'god' and how it comes to be. All this time it seemed like it was stemming from a simple misunderstanding. Robot thinks Kat is amazing, tells other Robots, then the other robots worship her. Their worship grants her power and form in the ether. As they come to her she helps them in small ways that they mistake for angelic/divine intervention.

But at this point I'm not so sure that calling it a simple misunderstanding or mistake is really appropriate anymore. She's creating worlds for creatures to live and thrive in. She's not just 'helping' robots with little things here and there - she's freeing the minds of an oppressed people and granting each of them a kingdom of self discovery and wonder. How could that be, from the Robots perspective, anything other than a divine presence? If some entity suddenly freed me from physical constraints that I never knew I had, allowing my mind to grow and expand, to see, hear, feel, and understand things I'd never before thought possible wouldn't I think of it as some form of divine being?

And the more I think about it the more I find this to be an amazing parallel to the conversation about magic between Zimmy and Annie. What is magic if not forces that cannot be understood? What is divinity to the robots if not forces that cannot be understood.

On the one side of the story we have the Kat as the benefactor of 'magic' - granting a power that she understands to those who can't fathom it.
On the other side of the story we have Annie as the recipient of 'magic' - receiving a power that she doesn't understand and who can't fathom it.