1. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Book 6: Utterly Dwarfed (+2020 Calendar) now w/ reduced shipping to Europe + Cana

Thanks for the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by unluckiest13 View Post
    If you log in to Gumroad you should be able to download the book directly by clicking on the book and then selecting 'read'.
    Hmmmmmm. I don't think I have a login to Gumroad. I can visit https://gumroad.com/, then click on "login" and I know what email address I used to purchase the books, but it's asking for a password. I don't believe I've ever had a gumroad password. I can't log in using facebook or twitter, because I have never had either a facebook or witter account (nor do I want an account for either). I'll have to look through all my old emails and see if I did once get a password from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Yeah, as the Giant noted in his Twitter feed (see summary on left side of screen), Gumroad apparently didn't send e-mails out for Utterly Dwarfed.
    Ah, as mentioned just a few lines ago, I don't use Twitter, or have an account, so that's why I missed it ! I should probably check the twitter feed link in the left of the forum more often. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers.

EDIT:
    OK, I definitely don't have an account with Gumroad. I tried the "I've forgotten my password" link with the email address I always use to purchase OOTS stuff from them and it says "An account does not exist with that email."

WHen I buy stuff from OOTS via Gumroad, I always just make a one-off purchase. I never bothered to set up an account. In the past, I've just received an email and downloaded the thing I bought.

Is there any way to get Gumroad to send me an email with the download link ? Is there a reason why they didn't do that this time ?

I probably should have set up an account with them, but I usually prefer not to set up accounts where I don't absolutely have to. I prefer not to give personal information to companies to keep.. hence not having a facebook or twitter account too... :-)

EDIT2:

OK, I really should have read the twitter feed thing carefully before even posting this... but I don't tend to think of twitter much. I never use it. Anyway, Rich said:
    Hmm, it looks like emails with links for the book may not be going out, but the book is available to download nonetheless if you pre-ordered. You can get it by going to https://gumroad.com/library and logging in (or creating an account using the same email you used to buy).
    (emphasis mine, on creating a new account)

So..... I just created an account and let's see if I can get it that way.

EDIT 3:

Yep, that worked. Looks like I can even re-download anything I've paid for in the past too. I probably should have set up an account right at the start.
    Just waiting for the paper copy to arrive now.
    Last edited by lothos; 2019-12-27 at 07:21 AM.
    Official Kosh of the Vorlon in the dark fan club
    -- Lothos now Half Orc in playground, other half also Orc --