1. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (OOC) San Francisco by Night II: A Requiem in Fog

I had considered that, but my impression was that this influence was rather compartmentalized, with Karl's and even the prince's immediately practical influence not extending much further than the US west coast.

Karl could throw his weight around, even more so if he gets the new Prince to help. But my understanding is getting the UK invictus to intercede would be a matter of negotiating with something close to a foreign government, is likely to incur a cost, and it would of course alert anyone not already aware of Fred's relationship to Karl.

In the meantime, a good lawyer has a decent chance of making sure Fred doesn't stay on the UK police's suspect list for any real length of time, especially if Fred's alibi is good and there isn't some "smoking gun" evidence left to frame him. The UK also typically doesn't have much trouble extraditing people from the US if it comes to that. So there's at least a chance of getting Fred home within a day or two without getting other kindred to intercede.

I actually had considered making a request for protection for Fred a part of his boon from D'Agostino, I just didn't think that request would help in this immediate moment. Was I wrong on my expectations in that regard?
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-12-23 at 05:50 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D