From my own checking, I'll confirm that Benno - you're correct. The book doesn't state anywhere you can regain WP via any means save Mask/Dirge/Touchstone. However, the Onyx Path forum had a previous lead developer for CoD that weighed in when asked directly. I'll provide the link below, but the jist of it is as follows:

Spoiler: Forum Post C&P
Show

Rose Baily
01-19-2014, 04:07 PM
Vampires don't get Willpower back from resting by default. One of the things Willpower represents is strength of self, parallel to Humanity. You get it for affirming who you are, who you pretend to be, and what you're connected to. Being a vampire is spiritually exhausting, and you have to emphasize those things in order to regain what normal people gain from rest.

I say that with the following caveats:
When significant downtime has passed (say, you skip a week of in-character time, or conclude a significant piece of your story and pick up later), it's reasonable to just refill everyone's Willpower, making the assumption they've been out interacting with their Anchors while off-screen.
I don't think it does any harm to allow Kindred to regain Willpower from rest, it's just not the default for the reasons I expressed.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
Retired CofD Lead

Link: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...3362#post53362

I'm fine with the houserule. Just wanted to weigh in as well.