Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
Yeah, I got the same e-mail as Stabbey, so looks like late January or even sometime in February for the European orders. I don't think we can really complain about that, the Giant and Ookoodook worked hard to find some method of getting the European deliveries done at a lower cost, we should probably have expected they wouldn't be quite as fast.
Agreed, and I'm pretty happy about the cost reduction - that was a great job. Still, provided the calendar was supposed to arrive to Ookoodook on 4th of December (or so I presume, based on Giant's recent update from 2nd of December), and they would have started shipping it out during the same week at the earliest. In the aforementioned email today they mentioned it would take about three weeks to arrive in Canada and more for Europe. Presuming the Christmas and New Year's Eve somewhat delay the delivery, let's say it would take one week less without the calendar printer delay. However, even in that case it would arrive to Canada dangerously close to Christmas (guessing wildly here, so I can be wrong). For Europe, though, it seems clear that it just was not possible to deliver it before Christmas even in a best-case scenario. That leads to suspicion that Ookoodook had to know delivering to Europe before Christmas was impossible, but chose not to tell us in advance.

Don't take me wrong - I would have ordered both the book and calendar anyway, but withholding this quite crucial information just feels unfair and I'd feel far better with more openness. But maybe I'm naive with overseas shipping (I'm in central Europe) and hoping that a shipment could arrive in two weeks was too much to begin with :)