Note that there's generally going to be a one-month or so time-skip between scenarios to allow for me to describe external events and how they pertain to the game at large. Also, you're back to full health in the span of a week or so, given that you'll heal 1 HP/day.
----

Arkham, 9:18 PM, September 5th, 1921

You walk up and down the unfamiliar streets, searching for High and Garrison, until you eventually find it: The Greatview Inn. Stepping inside feels like a literal breath of fresh (this place must be air conditioned during the hot summer days), and as you meet with the receptionist, and subsequently mention Mr. Merriweather's name, she smiles and nods. "He's a rather kind man isn't he. He always helps out around town, of course his son won't have any of that. Anyway, here's your room!"

Arkham, 10:58 AM, September 6th, 1921

You rush up the steps to the doors of the faculty building for Miskatonic University. You cannot be late for this interview, especially after that... event led you to missing your original opportunity. In fact, you wonder if they'll even let you show your work, after all, they apparently had some people who had previously reserved tickets whom they had to refund. Nevertheless, there must be something you could work out.

Arkham, 11:47 AM, September 6th, 1921

Well, that was it. It's strange, they asked questions, but while they did, your mind was on something else: Emberhead. You cannot seem to get it out of your mind. Eventually you figured Orne library (the main library on Miskatonic's campus), being one of the greatest in the country, would have some answers, and while it does, it's not enough to satiate you.

Arkham, 12:38 PM, September 10th, 1921

You're painting a surrealist image of the natural world. How the mountains seem to swell up in an almost oppressive nature against the barren wasteland of the ground. You got the gallery confirmation. Apparently "Professor Merriweather," as he is called here, happened to recommend you, which cemented the showcase. You only have a couple of months to recover what paintings were lost earlier, but thus, time is of the essence.

Arkham, 6:27 PM, September 14th, 1921

You've managed to find a rather cramped apartment next to the university on Lich St.. Despite it's size it's rather cozy, and it is not like you had too much to set down when you got here.
Every now and then, Mr. Merriweather (or Professor Merriweather apparently) calls you up and asks if you'd like to head to the cafe and chat about the study of ancient cultures. It's here where you realize (if you haven't already) that Mr. Merriweather, is extraordinarily knowledgable about tales of mysticism and ancient cultures. Meanwhile, you contribute what you can, sadly being less learned on the subject than he. However, he does bring up topics of interest to you: the view of the world, the way that color dances on the edge of a paintbrush, and how one can paint the screams heard in the French revolution. Either way, the conversations surely serve to brighten your day and are intellectually stimulating.

Arkham, 10:35 AM, September 22nd, 1921

You're continuing your painting when suddenly there's a knock-knock on the gallery door. In steps a grizzled but charming professor with a fedora. "Ah, sorry. Professor Jones, Archaeology. I'm told that you were an expert in painting?" You confirm this to be the case. "Ah, well, this was recently recovered and from what I've so far identified it appears to be some sort of ancient painting on linen. The color has, for the most part, worn away, but somehow there are still a couple fragments that stand the test of time. Might you be able to attribute this to any period, style, or anything like that?" He shrugs, "Sorry, the Art History head was out today, so I figured you were the next best thing. I've got my own ideas, of course, I just wanted a second opinion." He smiles winningly and gives your hand a good shake.
It's not too hard to identify, based on the fact that the silhouettes are done in bold and they're quite flat, coupled with the oppresive symmetry, you're looking at something that most likely emerged from ancient Egypt.
After telling your findings to Professor Jones he smiles broadly and nods, "Good, that's what I was thinking. Thank you for all of your assistance!"

Arkham, 4:05 PM, September 26th, 1921

You're reading in Orne Library, when suddenly a *tap tap* grabs your attention. As you raise your gaze from "Fire Rituals: from the Wicker Man to the Fourth of July, Why We Love Them" you notice that Mr. Merriweather happened to stroll up to your table. You also notice he has a cane, and has used it to rap on your desk. "Why you're still concerned with such things... I see." Mr. Merriweather strokes his chin, thinking and soon after continues. "You know, I used to be part of a club here, an extra-curricular society if you would."
He stares off in the distance towards the myriad of bookshelves in the Miskatonic Library. "We used to have such fun gallivanting around, ah vigor. To be young and spry again, eh Paul." He then looks back to you, "Anyway, us old fogies fizzled out and stopped coming, but the club we originated from, now that's still going." He then strokes his chin, "You know, I think they're having a meeting this Friday night. You should go! I'm sure you'll meet some new people that way."
He then looks at his watch and gasps. "Well, I'd best be headed off, Agnes will chew my ear out if I stay out to late, and Bertrand..." The man looks down then looks back with a bright smile. "Ah, I don't need to worry you with the details of my social life, farewell Mister Turner!"

Arkham, 3:15 PM, September 30th, 1921

You head towards Room U35. You're honestly quite unsure what you're doing. What even is this "Club" anyway? Either way, you stand here at a crossroads, shall you open it? Or depart and focus on living the rest of your life, you have a job, a home, some friends, it could most surely stay that way.
However, should you decide to open it, your life will surely be changed... forever.
----

Oh boy, that was long, but I hope you read all of it and enjoy. Again, I know it's very railroady, but that's kinda how I have to run the in-between segments, just to actually have everything make sense and ensure that the game does not drag on forever.