Paul tries very hard not to believe what happened really did, but deep down he knows it all really did. The burns were more than enough proof of that. Not to mention the nightmares, and the smells of burning flesh whenever he closed his eyes.

He's unusually quiet for the next day, struggling to make some sense of it all. The worst part was in some way the villagers had been right. The sacrifice really was protecting the town. And when it had failed, it had been destroyed. Or maybe the fire had just gotten out of hand; he wanted to believe that, but he couldn't bring himself to.

When he finally arrives in Arkham, the stranger's introduction unsettles him. After a moment he gives a smile, but it is tired and clearly forced. "A pleasure. I am Paul Turner. Forgive my state, I have been through an...ordeal lately. I would be willing to talk with you Mr. Merriweather, on two conditions. First,if you would be so kind as to buy me a drink. Secondly, I would prefer if we spoke in a public place. Recent events have made me a bit less trusting than I would like to be."