1. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (OOC) San Francisco by Night II: A Requiem in Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    So I'm not even going to ask Ladorak to give me an attack roll, his initiative roll pretty much seals this for me. I'm just going to treat this as a "down and dirty combat" and give it to the players.

Also, yes, this is a terrible terrible idea. But that's the point of the beats and conditions system, to encourage the players to make decisions that from a meta or player standpoint, but serve to heighten the drama or drive further storytelling. The players are going to get exactly what they want out of this scene, and a few players will get some extra beats, but you better bet this will have ramifications in the future!
    Honestly the beats and conditions aren't really factoring into it for me (though I definitely won't say no to the beats, there's about 5 things I want to purchase right now). I'm doing it to keep the coterie together. Just curious why you had my character take part in the beating, _and_ cut the guy's hand off when the stated goal was to:
    1. keep aisling safe
    2. prevent anyone from escaping

Anna isn't under compulsion or frenzy (as far as I know) so actions during the combat should have been mine to determine. I had pictured my character watching impassively while Aisling had her way with him, pulling her off when she went too far, or stepping in if it started looking dangerous for her. The _plan_ (contrived as it was, since my character would have just let Aisling run amok while she safely checked into a hotel) was to say she went with Aisling to make sure she didn't kill anyone. That goes out the window a bit with this guy's hand severed forever (unless we can just stick it back on, curious about that).

I could be ok with it so long as we can justify why things went so pear shaped. Maybe Zach looked like he was getting the upper hand, so Anna relieved him of it?

Also since you're asking, what Anna wants out of this scene is to first step blood bond Zach. That'll leave her at 3 at the start of tomorrow evening which means hunting will be first up on the agenda, and probably second up on the agenda and possibly third.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-23 at 10:44 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig