View Single Post

Thread: Tribes of Twelve Seas [IC]

1. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Tribes of Twelve Seas [IC]

Turn 2

Spoiler: Renown
    Show
    Korrowmal are the most Powerful of the Tribes. They gain Renown 3.

Arono Tribe are the most Knowledgeable. They gain Renown 2.
    Groh Tribe are second most Knowledgeable. They gain Renown 1.

Hell’s Tribe is most Prosperous. They gain Renown 2.
    Groh Tribe is second most Prosperous. They gain Renown 1.

Arono Tribe has rapidly grown in numbers. They gain +1 Renown.
    Korrowmal Island God grows in power and their Island rises from Sea. They gain +1 Renown.

(OOC: You have Mana equal to whatever you have left from Turn 1 + Renown after accounting for increases)

The Stormriders have disappeared somewhere, gone with the last storm.

A procession of the dead is marching across the water. Their ghostly forms shimmer and their faces have been washed away. “I do not see my way. Are you my child? Are you my brother? Did you know my living flesh? I have no eyes to see. I have passed, but where is my place of rest and peace. Where is my land?” they moan as they travel the seas. It seems the dead are increasing in number, the longer they march.

The storm that struck Middle Seas has mostly left, but parts of it remain. On one hand stormy weather occasionally hits traveling canoes of the tribes. On the other hand fishers claim that such storms attract rare storm fish to the sea surface.

A group of priests wearing feathered-cloaks sails between Tribes. They are worshipers of Semiramis, and they tell the following tale. “Semiramis has met a man in the sky. The man has not asked Gods permission to fly, but Semiramis cared not for such things, for sometimes one must be free to do as one wills. She talked with the man and enjoyed his company, for he came from the East and things are always interesting there. But then came Tahiso’s storm, and Tahiso was angry, that the man flew without his permission. So, to punish him, he lifted the man to the cold stars above and they stole the warmth of his air. Down he fell, and landed on a high mountain.” As priests finish telling their tale, they declare “Find the man who fell and Semiramis will reward you. She is cross with Tahiso and will reward any tribe to fulfil her request, by shielding them from the Tahiso’s storm. For storms may be his domain, but she is ruler of the skies and their freedom.”

Korrowmal have attacked and subjugated the Turtle Tribe, slaying all of their warriors and pledging to serve as Turtle’s protectors - as long as tribute arrives punctually. The fact that defenses of the heavily fortified Turtle Tribe could be breached speaks about pure strength of Korrowmal Tribe. Many fear them and their ambition. There is talk of defensive alliances, especially considering news of new arrivals to the Middle Seas.

A massive flotilla of canoes, painted with reptilian yellow eye and teeth has surrounded Atinear Island. The Tribes has received dreams of menace and threats. “Our Queen commands us to collect tribute from the weak tribes of the Middle Seas. Send canoes filled with your offerings and you shall be spared her wrath.” Rumors fly that these Yellow Eyes have arrived from one of the Chromatic Seas, that are so dangerous, that few sailors would dare to venture into them. Whoever they are, they would be powerful enemy to have.

Ash Tribe has declared a contest of strength and cunning. Any Tribe is free to participate and their boon will be food and treasures of the Ash Tribe, should they win. There are rumors, that among the treasures offered will be Named Obsidian Spear “Burnscar”, in which flames of Arrongar live.

A floating building called “Pleasure Palace” has taken anchor at Rainbow Reef. All are welcome to visit this amazing place to partake in the foods, enjoy music, dance and enjoy strange, exotic drinks, that make blood warm and head dizzy. The proprietress of the “Pleasure Palace” Alifi, claims to come from the kingdom Orm of the Old Sea, that survived the Godsplash. Now Orm needs new men and women to take claim of the Old Sea’s riches and repopulate the desolated islands. “All are welcome in the Kingdom of Orm, where storms don’t reach and many Islands Gods yearn for return of men, ready to shower them in gifts and blessings. Come and enjoy our bounty. Leave with us to the Kingdom of Orm”
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-10-15 at 06:35 AM.