View Single Post

Thread: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

1. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

Turi regains his senses in the dark. Fortunately, his reflexes tell him to keep hold of what he's holding, and he grips the ladder tightly. He orients quickly, images of shadowy hounds flooding his mind as their bays and snarls echo up through the well. With a short curse, not quite under his breath, he adjusts his grip to the outer rail of the ladders, and hopes for the best. All-but running downhill, he half climbs/half falls before jumping to the floor, landing hard but on his feet- eager to aid his allies.

Spoiler: Turi, round like forever
    Show
    Spoiler: stats
    Show
    Turi
    Male N Human Fighter 1 / URogue 6 (Knife master), Level 7, Init +5, HP 73/73, Speed 30
    AC 22, Touch 16, Flat-footed 17, CMD 21, Fort 6, Ref 9, Will 4, CMB +4, Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Kukri x2 +12 or +10/+10 (1d4+6, 18-20, x2)
    Cold iron dagger +10 (1d4, 19-20, x2)
    Silver dagger +10 (1d4-1, 19-20, x2)
    Trip attempt +16 (assuming +1 kukri)
    Mistmail (mist form- 20% concealment), Amulet of natural armor, Ring of protection (+5 Armor, +5 Dex, +1 Nat, +1 Def)
    Abilities Str 11, Dex 20, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Condition +1 dmg when flanking
    +1 AC (23) vs attack with light blades
    sneak stab: 3d8/3d4
    Endurance, die hard // Resiliency: 1/1
    Vanish: 2/2 (CL 6)
    -2 skill checks after failure
    ignore first 5' of difficult terrain
    poisons, potions
    Escape artist R's edge

Mechanically, I would like to accelerated climb down. If possible, depending I think mostly on lighting at this distance, I'd like him to jump the last 20', with an acrobatics check (DC 15) to ignore the first 10 feet, and convert the second 10 feet to nonlethal damage. (1d20+12)[31] vs 15. If pass, (1d6)[3] nonlethal. if fail, add (1d6)[3] and all is lethal (and Turi is prone).

Depending on his height and how long this takes, he'll start moving into the weird pyramid room. Let me know your take on precise distances.