Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
This 'no training' policy is completely idiotic and you can hardly be blamed for assuming you would recieve some kind of introduction to your tasks. Especially for trade professions it seems weird.
It can make sense in its own twisted sort of way. Even if you need people, you need the right people. Throwing someone in to see what they can do seems... maybe not a great way, but a way of figuring it out. I was hoping for more instruction than "this is how the timeclock works" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
Looking on the bright side, your manager is apparently satisfied with your performance. You are not a dead weight he wants to get rid of. Instead he took the effort to talk you into staying. Keep at it!
A number of people I know (myself included) felt quite overwhelmed when starting a job and thought about quitting. It gets better.
Yes and no. I'm getting better at some things, though I still get made fun of for not knowing stuff. I'm still pretty weak on what manufacturer-specific jargon I should understand, and what industry-specific jargon only a few other people understand.