Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglass View Post
I was in a car accident. -snip-
That sounds exceedingly like a pain in the butt, at least you got some resolution out of it. My fun out of context accident story is as follows. Because of the city where I live , my last accident was listed on the insurance paperwork as being rear-ended by non-moving city property of which I was not at fault for. Its basically the excuse a drunk would make when saying "The tree just jumped out at me!"

What happened is that we had just had a 1 and a half ft blizzard, and I was headed into work. (Its Colorado normal weather. I don't stay home until there's almost three ft.) The light at a 4 way stop just turned green and I started moving, with a city plow behind me. Suddenly A red Pickup barreled through the cross ways traffic, would have killed me if I had been a bit forward. I stop in time, but the plow behind me couldn't stop. It was a mounted onto a large dump truck, and there was zero traction there. Cut a large line through my whole tailgate. Anyway, It turns out that the cities insurance policy/local laws state that any slow/stopping city vehicle (Plow, Dump Truck, City bus etc) moving slow during its regular duties (plowing, picking up trash, picking up passengers) and is involved in an accident It is considered "non-moving city property" because it cannot be held liable for doing its normal job. Luckily, it worked out for me and though it took almost 6 months because every auto-body place in the city was swamped the city did repair it. The only really annoying thing about it was no one got the info of the guy in the red pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post
I don't think you need to place any blame here. Just say "Hey, I was having a pretty bad panic attack when I sent those texts. They don't represent my real feelings; please just pretend I didn't send them."

You can also just say things like "I've been having a rough time lately, and need to withdraw a bit to focus on myself and my health" without saying "I need to withdraw from you". Keep the message focused on yourself, not on what the friend did or didn't do.

IMHO, since I don't know exactly what you said.
Going to also third the suggestion of saying withdrawing without mentioning that last bit.