Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
So bit of an odd situation here. I have a semi-friend who I sometimes like but who also seriously gets on my nerves at times. He's also provoked a fair few mental health issues with me. Because of this I'd been trying to create some distance and some boundaries to stop further incidents.

Then I had a major panic attack/ general mental breakdown. During said mental breakdown, I sent him a bunch of texts apologizing to him for me being emotionally toxic and hurting his feelings. I was not particularly coherent and I was blaming myself for everything that has gone wrong in my life. He unfortunately took those texts as absolutely sincere.

How in the world do I walk this back? "Sorry I was victim blaming myself during a panic attack when I sent that. I really believe that you're the one to blame here."
I don't think you need to place any blame here. Just say "Hey, I was having a pretty bad panic attack when I sent those texts. They don't represent my real feelings; please just pretend I didn't send them."

You can also just say things like "I've been having a rough time lately, and need to withdraw a bit to focus on myself and my health" without saying "I need to withdraw from you". Keep the message focused on yourself, not on what the friend did or didn't do.

IMHO, since I don't know exactly what you said.