View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 6

1. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 6

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    I’m feeling like I've been a bad influence and an anchor on my wife right now, and given our age and parental duties it's too late to fix that, though maybe it's just a mood of mine because of a lack of vitamins, or that I'm running out of room and places to hide all the books I buy (which is my main hobby) as I was already despondent regarding news from places that I usually regard as "There be Dragons", in any case - I'm feelin' down.
    The grass looks greener on the other side. This is so very true.

I have gluten intolerance and I have not really been able to eat gluten for about 10-15 years. I recently found some enzymes that fixed this more-or-less . . . they might cause acid, gas, or leave me feeling tired . . . but I can eat a g-- damned waffle! So at my hotel at GenCon I made me a waffle . . . they are not anywhere near as good as I remembered . . . nor as good as I imagined that they would be lookin' at all my friends and family enjoying those waffles over the years.

I was chased though high school by a the girl voted most attractive in my class. I kick myself sometimes for not letting her catch me. I bet that if I did let her catch me that my life would not be any better than it is now, and perhaps it would have ended up even worse.

Also once you can afford something, getting it is not as fulfilling as you would think. Your imagination makes the thing WAY better than it is.

Chocolate is the exception . . . chocolate is always the exception!
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-08-09 at 11:35 AM.