Uh...Maybe religious counselling WOULD be better at this rate. If there are none of your particular religion in your area, maybe someone is willing to speak over the net? I mean, you can have religious groups scattered across the globe, I would think someone has figured out how to use the internet.

I think a lot of therapists are going to treat therapy as the go-to because its what they trained in. Either they are well-meaning and just want to find that magical method to get you to realize it WILL work because they just want to help you so badly and just keep beating that dead horse. Others are likely offended that their training and knowledge isn't working, and think that the problem is you. It's the culture they have been steeped in for so long, so it might be hard to them to break out of that mentality, if they even want to.

Perhaps a non-professional would be better? Distant relative, friend, or hell, just find a mentor in school?

And back to Jon_Dahl, I think I had an English teacher in America teaching kids who primary (and only) language was English despite it being his second language, I think. So no, not really a concern.