Unfortunately, I think I'm at the point where I've gotten basically everything I can from just venting. What I need is some way to actually feel safe and help actually getting through traumatic memories. Venting, by itself, often ends up just retriggering them with no real improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
Thanks. I've looked into a few pet charities but they all required proof of income and I'm not sure how we're supposed to prove that we won't have future income. They suggest stuff like tax returns and pay stubs, both of which would only show our previous income. I'm not sure they'd accept the text message telling my husband he's no longer working at his job as proof of income. But I can contact them and ask. If they require us to be registered for unemployment, that will take a few months (from past experience, my former roommate applied for unemployment a few years ago).
They probably would. I imagine that "I lost my job" is an incredibly common reason for people to need assistance. There's got to be some sort of setup for it.