View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 6

1. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 6

The big thing you should do re: your children is to explain to them (both of them because even if your oldest seems to be doing fine...she may well not be) that you love them both equally and for their individual merits and that just because someone is better at some things that doesn't mean they're better at everything. You should also explain that struggling is a part of life and it's a path to improvement and doesn't indicate they're dumb or inferior. You should also maybe tell them that crying about other people's success isn't the best way to handle things. But what do I know. She's nine years old, I hate children and I'm not your mom.

The other big thing is...they're 9 and 12. That's the age young women start puberty. These are feelings you'd absolutely expect to see in pubescent children, female or otherwise. I'm not here to tell you to have those sorts of talks to your kids but they're going to have those talks with other people considering it's a part of school curriculum in most places. You should take the time to discuss those things with them if you're up to it.

The big thing is the first thing though.
    Last edited by Razade; 2019-06-24 at 08:32 AM.