Some of you might recall my rants about prior psychologist that was absolutely an abusive jerk while calling it treatment. But this'll make sense even if you don't.

People have asked, why did he decide to just target me? And I was thinking, and realized - he didn't target just me.

Every student I knew who had interacted with him hated him, and I know of multiple cases not involving me at all involving blatantly unprofessional and frankly bigoted behavior. I also know that other students specifically said I should be quiet about sexual assault because of him, and said it in a way that such was expected behavior for him.

This wasn't a one-off where an otherwise decent mental health professional got it totally wrong. This was a case of entrenched mistreatment of students with various disabilities or mental health issues. Likely with the goal of preventing liability to the school. There was a definite sense that he was being gracious to even allow us to attend college with "normal" students, and it was absolutely unconscionable that said normal students might see something they would find upsetting or disturbing. (This did not just include mental health - it came up in reference to a friend with a seizure disorder, and his complaint that she wasn't considering how upsetting that was to other students to witness.)

There was never any consequences to him. There was never even any record. Anyone complaining was dismissed because they were just crazy kids and therefore unreliable, and he was the professional. He must have done the right thing.

Like I said, this wasn't a one-off. This was a system set up to allow an abuser free rein and protect him from consequences.