Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
I’ve had at least a little brain fog for 75% of my life, but its gotten far worse lately—regardless of if I get more or less sleep. I’m about to start sleeping less and working more to try to pay off some debt I have.

I also have treatment-resistant dysthymia which I think causes my usual low level fog, but again, its been worse the last few months.

I’ve tried pretty mych everything to treat my dysthymia, except I haven’t consistently exercised because I’m prone to injuring myself—I have a tailbone injury so sit ups are out of the question, and running gives me shin splints. Swimming might be a good exercise if I didn’t live in a small economically depressed town and had a place to swim. In my effort to build my income up enough to clear my debt (which eats up 1,000 a month and that I could pay off in less than two years if I work extra), I won’t have time except after dark to excerise.

My plan when I get rid of the debt is to return to somewhat normal working hours and to focus just on getting healthy. I might still moonlight on weekends, but I know what I’m about to do won’t be sustainable with my mental health—but it needs done.
Stress can be a big one. I went through a similar problem when I worked at a big box store and was taking full-time online courses. The stress gave me this constant low throbbing headache that made getting things done difficult. I also recommend doing healthy things to de-stress like reading a book a watching a tv series episode or playing a video game you really like that’s fun and not depressing in content. Also if you watch tv or play a video game be careful of snacking unhealthily. Just doing something simple you enjoy can help relieve a lot of stress.