Quote Originally Posted by ve4grm View Post
As darkrose 50 said, it could be diet if something has changed recently. While gluten and "chemicals" are the go-to boogeymen today, it might be anything, including a newly-developing allergy to something you were always able to eat before. A doctor could tell you more, if this is correct.

The more likely culprit these days is sleep. Make sure you're getting enough each night.

And of course there's mental health. Brain fog can be a symptom of anxiety and depression (plus others, I'd imagine), so if you've been experiencing those feeling outside of the brain fog I'd encourage you to see your doctor to discuss it.
I’ve had at least a little brain fog for 75% of my life, but its gotten far worse lately—regardless of if I get more or less sleep. I’m about to start sleeping less and working more to try to pay off some debt I have.

I also have treatment-resistant dysthymia which I think causes my usual low level fog, but again, its been worse the last few months.

I’ve tried pretty mych everything to treat my dysthymia, except I haven’t consistently exercised because I’m prone to injuring myself—I have a tailbone injury so sit ups are out of the question, and running gives me shin splints. Swimming might be a good exercise if I didn’t live in a small economically depressed town and had a place to swim. In my effort to build my income up enough to clear my debt (which eats up 1,000 a month and that I could pay off in less than two years if I work extra), I won’t have time except after dark to excerise.

My plan when I get rid of the debt is to return to somewhat normal working hours and to focus just on getting healthy. I might still moonlight on weekends, but I know what I’m about to do won’t be sustainable with my mental health—but it needs done.