Lehasti watches Sekek's second exit in stunned silence, blinking twice as the flaming sheen dissipates from her eyes. the paladin rubs her eyelids in annoyance and disappointment as Vershab and Turi discuss the effort to move forward.

"As disheartened as I am by the situation with the haty-a, I am not yet convinced that we should flout what law remains surrounding this Dark Depository," begins Lehasti, "but it seems prudent to gather what knowledge we may about its whereabouts, and to determine what hurdles may remain before us, should we be forced to take more drastic measures. Such an undertaking would indeed be 'exciting'," the paladin's eyebrow rises, one corner of her mouth rising in a sarcastic but amused smile, "but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing."

Lehasti nods her assent to Vershab's suggestion, and leads the way out to seek their young guide and what direction he might be able to provide.

Lehasti notes the distinct change in Sabef's posture as he pulls Turi to the side, and wordlessly she steps forward to listen to his remarks, meeting the obviously discomfited boy's glance with a reassuring smile and nod; as he looks away, however, the paladin's expression shifts into one of concern. As he concludes his message, she closes the remaining distance and reaches out her hand to rest it gently on the young man's shoulder. "My young friend... it has been our good fortune to have found so capable and determined a guide, and it seems that we have repaid you by entangling you in the dark strands of the plot we ourselves seek to unravel. I can only offer you both my most heartfelt thanks and my deepest apologies." The paladin's voice is a pensive murmur in the suddenly quiet room.

"I cannot ask that you further endanger yourself on our account, but we must move forward however we may. If you can lead us to your source, I would be happy to provide you with coin enough to buy your safety until we can end the looming threat, gods willing, and then I will ask no more of you." The paladin's serious face rests on that of their young guide.