Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
Nahh.. Solomon has straight up expressed the opposite. He does not want to rule at all.
He is actively looking for someone else to to take over. Its just unfortunately hard to find.

But he is a benevolent god king though.
Or well. Of those 3 its only the god bit that can really be contested. As he is not true royalty.
But he is benevolent. He clearly does want the best for his subjects.
And he is powerful enough to call himself King, Emperor, Chieftain or whatever else he pleases
The 'doesn't want to rule but HAS to until they find somebody worthy' is a cliche so bad that it has its own trope https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../RegentForLife

It's the same lie that dictators throughout the history of the world have used dozens of times.

They never 'want' to rule. They just HAVE to because nobody else is good enough or they're just stopping EVIL PERSON X from ruling! And they make increasingly ridiculous excuses the longer they are in power.

'Hard to find'? That's just laughable. He's ruled over 111,111 worlds for thousands of years or more. Even arguing they're less populus than Earth still means that you're looking at minimum BILLIONS (and arguably TRILLIONS) of different individuals. ZOSS found a replacement in relatively short order.

No no, I just overthrew the previous ruler for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. I will just rule until the child heir of the ruler I overthrew is grown up enough to take the throne. What's that? They're of age? No no I disagree, they're still clearly too inexperienced to rule, and can't possibly be as wise as myself, they need more instruction! Oh? They're 30 years old? No, what I've seen is that he spent too much time being corrupted by the previous regime, he's not fit to rule, I must continue ruling for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. What's that? Parliament is demanding I step down? They're clearly working against the best interests of this country and I'll have to dissolve them for the good of the country. What's that? People are demanding their right to elect representatives? They're too ignorant to understand what's in their own interest, I have a RESPONSIBILITY TO THE PEOPLE to personally appoint only people that have the best interests of the country at heart, common people can't be trusted with elections! The common people are demanding I step aside for the rightful heir? I can't do that, Parliament has held a trial and declared him a traitor, they represent the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

He's already doing it with Zaid. He's raising him to 'take over'. Take it to the bank, Zaid is never going to be good enough or ready enough to 'take over', he's Solomon's excuse.

If Solomon actually manages to defeat Allison, he'll declare Zaid 'unready' for bearing the King of Kings, and take it himself 'for safekeeping', until he's 'ready'.

Solomon is just like all the others, and as a couple people have pointed out, WORSE, because he still claims to be a hero.