View Single Post

Thread: Ordering Issues from APE Games

1. - Top - End - #9

Default Re: Start of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by stoffe View Post
    Unless you have PayPal (which I don't trust anymore) you can only place orders if you are the US, Canada or UK anyway, since they use AVS to verify credit card payments which only seems to work if you live in those countries.

A real shame, I was looking forward to getting this book. Sounds very interesting.
    Their AVS system is apparently busted in any case. I just tried ordering the book using my Discover card and got an AVS mis-match on my address. So I immediately went to Discover's webpage and confirmed that, in fact, my address was a match.

So then I went back to APE's store and tried again, this time matching not only the address but the capitalization shown on Discover's webpage, just in case this was some wacky new AVS system that didn't just rely on the zipcode. Still didn't work.

The exorbitant shipping charges had already made me wince once before placing the order. (No option except Priority Mail? Really? So I have to pay half the cost of the book to ship it to me?)

If the book ever gets to Amazon, I'll order it there. If not... Oh, well. Guess they'll just have to chalk it up as a sale lost due to their own incompetence.

Justin Alexander
    http://www.thealexandrian.net
    Last edited by Justin_Bacon; 2007-04-11 at 09:21 AM.