"Why so serious, my dear friend, why so serious?"Muminofrah laughs, good-naturedly, in answer to Vershab's and Lehasti's earnestness. "You come here with a nice gift, a beautiful bit of entertainment, and above all, your graceful good looks, which I think I will enjoy seeing more of, during my days in this city!" There is little doubt that the paladin's charismatic presence and rugged beauty have struck the great lady's eye.

"I think your story is great for a theatrical performance, but you seem to think it is actually true. Much less interesting... Nevertheless, I did promise you a favor in return, and a favor shall be granted, lest it be said that Muminofrah isn't a woman of her word! You say Deka didn't grant you access to some Sanctum place? That can readily be arranged. I want to see the haty-ha, at once!" At her words, a slave immediately departs, at a run, to carry the noblewoman's request to the Sanctuary of Nethys. The next half-hour is spent in more pleasantries, drinks, and overall merriment.

Meanwhile, Turi mixes in with the crowd, trying to place the voice he just heard turning down a slave's offer of a platter of grilled fish. It's a young, feminine voice, pleasant but with a slight tint of harshness. The woman it belongs to is unfamiliar, however. She is elegantly dressed in golden-hued robes, an elaborate headress, and expensive-looking jewelry. Her intent look in the direction of the Fan-Bearer on the Right Side of the King, presently talking to Lehasti and Vershab, indicates more than the usual fawning of a courtesan for the person with the most power in a gathering.

Then, something clicks inside Turi's mind. The Observatory of Truth and Wisdom... The cultists... "We are the true heirs to the Sky Pharaoh's legacy! When he rises again to reclaim his throne, we will receive Hakotep's blessings, not the likes of you!" ... That same voice.

After some time, the haty-ha, Deka An-Keret, appears in front of Muminofrah, accompanied by a retinue of scribes, priests of Nethys, and guards. Tephu's governor is decidedly less than pleased with this interruption of her daily activities, but it is apparent she has no choice. Muminofrah deals with her tersely: "These friends of mine require access to the Inner Sanctum of the Great Library. Please give them whatever paperwork is necessary." Deka An-Keret looks like she might argue the case, but thinks better of it, and soon enough, a scribe presents Lehasti with the eagerly desired written permission, valid for three days, to access the Spiral Archive in the Library's Inner sanctum.