View Single Post

Thread: Alternate Accounts

1. - Top - End - #1
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Alternate Accounts

As you may have seen by now, alternate accounts are no longer allowed in the newly updated rules.

Multiple/Alternate Accounts
    Each individual user may maintain one active account on the Giant in the Playground forums. Registering more than one account, including the use of identified alternate accounts, is not allowed. Though there are several legitimate advantages to such accounts, particularly in the role-play environment, these accounts are too easily abused and allow rule violators too many additional options to avoid the repercussions of their actions to be allowed.

If a user is found to have multiple accounts, all but the main account (the one with the most posts) will be closed, and any Infractions earned under the alternate accounts will be transferred to the main.
    We realize that this may be a inconvenience to some of you.

Now, there will be a one month grace period before we begin banning accounts.

We will be able to merge all of your accounts into one account, thereby having all of your alt's previous posts come under your main. Should you want us to do that, please post here, specifying the names of your alternate accounts and which one you would like to have become the main account.

Also, we realize that sometimes more than one person shares a single computer. If you legitimately have more than one account that belong to more than one person using the same computer, please post those names here as well, so that we don't inadvertently ban one of you.

If you have alts that you would prefer to have closed, rather than merged. Please state that as well.

And I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, especially in the town.
    Last edited by Alarra; 2007-04-06 at 08:44 PM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.