"But most certainly, honored guest!" Vershab remembers that Tephu is known less for its arcane arts prowess than for knowledge of a more universal nature, but this doesn't deter Sabef in the least. "Where shall we begin? The Academy of Scribes, possibly? You must have heard the saying: Nothing ever happens in Tephu without someone writing it down. As such, it befits us to boast the largest such academy in Osirion! Of course, being trained in Tephu is a great honor and badge of respect. "

"You may also wish to visit the Houses of Order and Wisdom - the temples to the old gods. They have a lot of records there too... I am told, however, that they are not nearly as thorough as the Great Library's.

... Or possibly, visit the Eye of the Heavens? It is one of Tephu's oldest buildings, just beyond the wall of the Old City. Here, astronomers plot the movement of celestial bodies and record their measurements. They keep an archive, it is said, that dates back to before the founding of Tephu itself! Those interested in the stars always pay a visit. Pay is the right word, I have to say, for the right to peruse the records kept there doesn't come cheap..."

The rapid-fire speech of the enthusiastic guide picks up more speed still, as he gets enthralled in his favorite subject - his home city! "Naturally, I would be remiss if I failed to show you the Gate of the Moon, and its beautiful bridge, one blessed by Thoth himself! The place attracts the more learned sages, who gather there to exchange ideas and discuss philosophy. It is entirely possible that some of them would be versed in magical mysteries."

Sabef thinks the matter over, and comes up with yet another proposal... "You will most certainly need to record findings, discoveries, and all the wisdom you undoubtedly will gather on the way! For this, nothing beats Tephu papyrus. I happen to know personally some of the finest makers and traders of this precious material! I beg you, do not let that opportunity pass. Just an hour or two in the Medina, and you have my word, you will be all set!"

Spoiler
Show
Sabef is barely older than Turi, 2 more years of age at most.