View Single Post

Thread: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

1. - Top - End - #37
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Mummy's Mask - Shifting Sands [IC]

Toilday, 21 Abadius

Having enjoyed an excellent dinner and spent a comfortable night in the decidedly pleasant Inn of the Desert Winds, the group reconvenes at breakfast. As if by magic, Sabef reappears in their midst, ready to share his knowledge of the local government (and the delicious coffee and date bread, too).

"The haty-a of Tephu's name is Deka An-Keret. She oversees the city and the region in the name of the pharaoh, Khemet III, blessed be his divine name. The seat of government is the Sanctuary of Nethys, across the Plaza of the Bright Horizon on the opposite side from the Great Library. The haty-a is also the High Priestess of Nethys... I'm afraid getting an audience with her is not going to be easy."

Undeterred, the companions make for the Sanctuary. They are met by a veiled priestess who introduces herself as Deaconess Sekek. Indeed, Sabef seems to have been correct in his assessment.

"I welcome you as guests to our Sanctuary. I understand you wish to talk to the haty-a and I do not wish to sound dismissive of your needs. However, the haty-a is kept very busy with both civic and religious duties, as I'm sure you will understand. She has no time for audiences with casual visitors, unfortunately."
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2018-09-11 at 04:21 PM.