Turi peers inquisitively at the ladders. "They don't look so bad to me..." he wonders aloud. With a little more care than he normally would, he mounts the nearest ladder, and finds he has no real trouble maintaining his balance. It takes concentration and patience, but fortunately (for now), nothing immediately distracting develops in the stacks.

Spoiler: Climbing
Show
I didn't even think about it before, but we should be able to take 10, right? If not, I can write a blurb about feeling uneasy and removing his armor to balance better. That's also not accounting for assists which seem reasonable, given the nature of the check.

From midway up one of the ladders, he looks over his shoulder to the scholar and the rest of his companions on the floor. "Azkin, if you can hold the ladder steady for me? Vershab, what do you need me to grab?"

Spoiler: Research
Show
Once more, the same mods will apply, and Turi will "aid" Vershab in the research: (1d20)[6] (+0 for history, +4 for nobility, +5 for local). Other mods will apply if those particular skills don't.