Skorri cheerfully trades jests and jokes with the guards as he waits before the hall of his jarl; but also takes note of the others who have been called forth this day. He nods most respectfully to Ari Hrokson as he speaks, listening carefully, but he cannot help but entertain the idle thought that perhaps one day the position of herald to Jarl of Halfstead (be it Olaf or Olaf's heir) might one day be his - unless his wyrd led him down a different path, of course.

As his name is called, he gives a rogue-ish smirk and a quick wink to Signy Stone-Eye, trying to provoke some kind of reaction from the usually enigmatic woman.

Skorri nods respectfully and gives a slight bow to the jarl, listening carefully as he speaks, and idly wondering who the stranger is conversing with the jarl.

When the jarl has said his piece, Skorri quickly responds of with "Of course, my Jarl. I can think of no greater honour than guarding the brightest treasures in all of Halfstead, if only for an afternoon."

Taking a seat at the feasting table, the normally talkative young skald is momentarily speechless, his mind buzzing like a summer greenfly as he realises the implications of the Jarl's guest and the conversation they walked in on.

An impending wedding! Certainly a chance to compete against the other skalds during the celebrations. I'll have to tell father to hold onto that small cask of Southlander liquor from the last trading voyage; it will make a fine gift. I wonder when the celebration will be held? Lots of weddings around the Feast of Freyja, so probably sometime after... and where? Here, or in the Vale? If in the Vale, then if I can make a good impression today, then maybe there's a chance of joining the jarl's honour-guard for the trip. I wonder if this means that the Gats are making a play for the support of Halfstead? Though knowing Jarl Olaf, he's probably planning to marry one of his other daughters into the Hrolfs...

Skorri absent-mindedly sips at his mead and chews on some meat as on and on the thoughts chase each other around in his head.