Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
So I'm reminded suddenly of a particular running gag back from the early to mid comics of the strip. That being that Miko repeatedly tries to detect evil on Belkar and always gets blocked thanks to a handy lead sheet.

I think it may be interesting to think about just what might have happened at the various points where she tried if she had indeed ascertained that Belkar was evil. Somehow I don't think even Miko would be reckless and selfrighteous enough to try and murder a prisoner under her protection while all his friends were watching.

What do you think? What kind of effect do you think would it have on the Order and Miko's interactions?
I think that you underestimate Miko's self-righteousness and recklessness, especially since she was prepared to kill Roy over a false-positive. Thinking of that, now, I wonder how Belkar managed to avoid being detected as evil at the same time that Miko got the false reading of Roy, which she says occurred before the Order knew she was--which means that Belkar had no reason to hold up the lead sheet.