View Single Post

Thread: Hilgya: a redemption arc?

1. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hilgya: a redemption arc?

Quote Originally Posted by Themrys View Post
    (Not that he would, anyway, because for all I know, consent is required for a marriage to be lawful under Church law. Emotional coercion may be handwaved away, but a crossbow to the head? I don't think so)
    You are correct. If you are interested, the law you refer to is here. (It's a dry read).
    FWIW, coercion of any form IRL won't be waved away if a marriage is contested as invalid; it forms the basis for annulment. (My cousin went through that about 30 years ago. It all worked out for her, but it took a bit of time and effort).
    Spoiler: what the rules say
    Show
    Canon Law clearly states that for a marriage to be valid in the eyes of the Church, the consent of both parties is required. Can. 1057 §1. The consent of the parties, legitimately manifested between persons qualified by law, makes marriage

Anyway, enough about that RL digression, the full text of the analogous rules in Dwarf Land are not as easily accessible, so we can only guess based on what we know so far.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2017-12-07 at 10:07 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society