View Single Post

Thread: Bink's Wrath of the Righteous OOC

1. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Bink's Wrath of the Righteous OOC

Oh, yes. Uhhhhh.
    That may somewhat change my math. How do magical darkness and light interact? Is each casting one step in the other direction, so it would take two additional SLAs to fully counter both orisons?

On closer inspection, it seems clear that the darkness spell is intended to override any castings of light orisons, due to the spell level distinction.

That said, daylight is a 3rd-level spell, so it will counter the darkness SLAs. Radiance, also, is a magical item with caster level 20, so I'll rule that it's ability to emit light like a torch will override the darkness SLAs as well. With that in mind, and in collusion with the rulebook regarding "command word" magic items, I will rule that the command to make Radiance emit light like a torch is, indeed, a standard action. Using one standard to counter two of theirs is a solid trade, IMO.

Edit: All that is to say that it is, at current, dark. If you kill the Tieflings before your light orisons wear off, they will suddenly burst into effectiveness, again. Of course, it's likely that Radiance or Daylight will kind of make that questionably useful.