OK, yeah, wow, that sold out quickly. There are a couple things going on.

First, obviously, once we announced there were only a 160 left, there was a rush to order. But second, once Ookoodook started opening all the boxes, it turned out some boxes were a few calendars short, for a total shortage of around 40 calendars. I'm going to call the printer and find out what happened; if there's another box sitting on a loading dock somewhere, then we'll have a few more to sell. If they just didn't print enough, then I doubt they'll set up the whole printing press for 40 copies. More likely I'll just get a partial refund for what I paid. So, keep an eye on this thread because I'll let you know either way.

As far as reprinting, that's not really an option financially. The press has a minimum print run size, and it's roughly 75% of the quantity we actually ordered. While sales were obviously a little strong this year, there's no way we're going to sell through another 3/4s of the same number again. Reprinting that many would turn this into a money-losing project for me fairly quickly, considering the short shelf life of a calendar.

Also, given how quickly this snuck up on everyone (myself included), I am going to look into the digital PDF release that people have been asking for. I didn't want to undercut sales of the paper calendar because in previous years we ended up with hundreds extra that have to be marked down at a loss just to make room in the warehouse. But seeing as that is irrelevant now, I'm more inclined to give it a try.

All in all, sorry this worked out this way, but it's really impossible to predict how many sales there are going to be. I try to estimate based on previous years, but it never works. We printed the same number we printed last year, based on the fact that the first week of pre-orders now was about the same as the first week of pre-orders then, and last year the calendars lasted all year; we still had about 20 left when this year's went on sale. The year before, we printed more, and we still have 200 sitting in our warehouse gathering dust. I'd rather sell out than be left with hundreds, but selling out this early was never the plan.

Anyway, more announcements to come as I learn more. Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.