Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
Are we sure each Director must use his whole allotment of time at once? I don't think we are.
The text we're given describing the deal in #633 is "So, maintain all three splices for an hour, your soul spends one hour with me, then one hour each with my two associates. / Exact order of custody to be determined at a later point."

It seems to strongly imply that they regard each period of custody as a continuous block, but doesn't state it outright.

They did choose to take custody at Girard's Gate for a complete block of 19 minutes when they really only needed a few seconds, but that might be because they don't want V to realize yet that they do reserve the option to split a block of time.

Narratively, I think three continuous blocks are easier to use as plot elements than the possibility of a near-infinite number of brief intervals sprinkled all over the story, so I think that's really the most likely use of the time, regardless of what might technically be allowed by the wording of the deal.