View Single Post

Thread: The IFCC's second call

1. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The IFCC's second call

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I will be very surprised if the IFCC calls in their debt in a way that's to the benefit of Vaarsuvius or the Order.
    It's more likely than you might think. V and the Order are effectively high-value assets to them right now, even if most of them don't know it. The IFCC effectively has the ability to affect the outcome of any scenario they're involved in-- see Girard's Gate.

More to the point, if V were to die permanently for any reason, they'd lose the return on their investment. Even for a temporary death, without a Cleric on board, V could possibly be dead for a long time. Long enough to miss several windows of opportunity for the IFCC.

Using the short, six minute debt to protect their investment would be smart risk management. The IFCC has a vested interest in the Order's survival so that they can sabotage them down the road.

I don't think it'll happen HERE, of course-- probably sometime closer to the showdown with the HPoH-- but I've got a strong suspicion that it WILL happen in the fullness of time.
    Last edited by ChillerInstinct; 2016-11-01 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.