View Single Post

Thread: Complete List of Action Recharge Times

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Complete List of Action Recharge Times

I was looking for a list of which abilities recharge on a short rest versus a long rest, and I couldn't find any. So I made one! Here it is, for all you DMs with rest balance issues:

Ability Meta-Table

I hope this helps! Any feedback would be appreciated, even (constructively) negative ones. I know that this doesn't include things like hit dice and abilities that recharge for everyone, I didn't think it was necessary. If you want me to add it, just ask. Also, I think some of these might be "at the end of a short/long rest" instead of "once per short/long rest," but I'm not sure. If someone with more rules mastery than me wants to go through and find things like that, feel free. The way I wrote the Uses column is that "ability" means that the exact number of uses is calculated based on an ability score, and therefore varies from character to character, and ∞ means infinite uses. I included these for things like the Barbarian and Druid capstone abilities, so that DMs don't forget that they can ignore those abilities at some point. Enjoy!
    Last edited by jkat718; 2015-01-22 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Messed up the URL formatting, oops! :S
    Spoiler: Current Games
    Show
    Current Live Game: Defenders of Stormfast, "A Brave New World of Adventure" Obsidian Portal
    Current PbP Game: 5th Edition low-level game IC OOC Tracker Map
    Current PbP Game: I6 - Ravenloft IC OOC

Full Signature
    I often post from mobile, so feel free to correct any typos.