View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk is a Persian Sword and Sorcery game based on the OpenD6 License.
    To expand Mark's post further (I hope that's OK). Sorcerers of Ur-Turuk and is being designed and published by Arion Games, who also designs/publishes Advanced Fighting Fantasy and Maelstrom.

It is fantasy RPG set in a Persian Empire inspired 'Sword & Sorcery' setting. The PCs are powerful sorcerers combing the desert for magical secrets from the buried remains of an ancient Sumerian-like civilisation.

It is a troupe style RPG (like Ars Magica) in that each player creates 1 Sorcerer, as well as 1 major PC and 3 minor PCs. That way the player can play a different PC that is appropriate to the scene or task at hand.

It uses Open D6, and seems to favour the simplicity of Star Wars 1e over its later iterations. It has a flexible magic system in which you combine 1 of 3 "verbs" (Summon, Shape, Destroy) with 1 of 10 "nouns" (Life, Magic, Fire etc).

The final rulebook looks to be around 140 pages (the same as Star Wars 1e or one of the 3 D6 corebooks), in full colour, and with beautiful watercolour art. It will be followed by a setting book early next year, presumably of similar size.
    Last edited by SkywalkerNZ; 2014-11-26 at 02:10 PM.