View Single Post

Thread: General Crowdfunding Thread, Mark I

1. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: General Kickstarter Thread, Mark I

Ever wanted to embrace the tension that arises when playing a character committed to honor in a morally gray world? In Vow of Honor, you and your companions are tasked with saving a world that is spiraling into chaos:

The world of Sasara, your home, is broken and depraved. Despots rule over isolated city-states, indifferent to the suffering and squalor of the people. In the shadows of the enigmatic Ruins - the last vestiges of a prosperous era long forgotten - the vile terrorize the innocent few without fear of retribution. Until now.

You are an Arbiter, protector of all that is good in Sasara. Only as you embody the Tenets of Honor will you be empowered to protect the weak, avenge the victims of the wicked, and unlock the knowledge of the ancient Forebears to usher in a new age of peace. Will you take the Vow of Honor? Will you do what is necessary to save your home?

-
    From KS page

In addition to that dramatic premise, the PDF will be stunningly handsome:

This is a promising game from a promising designer (not me, I just helped do some editing). Check out the unique setting and fast, fluid system for yourself here. Of course, the choice is ultimately yours.

Edit: Also, the designer has been responding to questions on reddit here.
    Last edited by Stubbazubba; 2014-11-04 at 07:49 PM.
    Matters of Critical Insignificance - My Blog for all my favorite entertainment
    11/4: Announcing the Vow of Honor KS! (I contributed)