Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
I asked "without cheating"...
It is pretty easy to add new lines without needing to use "hidden characters" (just do newlines). But since I have tables with images with different height, adjusting them with newlines is just not really good. To make it look good I would need a "valign" option or something like that. But I don't know whether there is any or not (and how it is named). [Also you can't hit the middle if there is an even number of lines]

I have figured that there is a align option for horizontal alignment - but that doesn't really help me for vertical alignment.
I haven't been able to find anything. The CSS option would be "vertical-align=bottom", but I haven't been able to get it to show up in the post; I'm guessing there's a list of approved CSS tags for use with tables and "vertical-align" isn't on it.

I did discover something interesting though, table classes can be applied on table cells instead of the whole table....

...but that doesn't help here, since there's no table class with bottom-aligned cells.