View Single Post

Thread: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

1. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Upcoming TABLE Code Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    We need to find Cipher and get her to update her post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    That was my absolute first thought when I saw this. Is she still around?
    Hellllooooo.

I'll update it eventually. Probably around a month after the change once I fully understand it and it seems necessary.

I've worked with these kinds of tables already on other sites, and while I generally dislike them and have always wished other tables worked like what GITP had due to it's intuitive nature, I get how they work and after playing with the tables I can fix the tablemaking tutorial and presets.

I'm very disappointed with the change though. For the reasons I said, the table system we have now is intuitive and anyone can use it really, with my tutorial just sort of reaffirming what someone could guess giving it a try on their own and showing them a trick or two they wouldn't naturally stumble across to help the tables look nicer in one way or another.

One thing is for sure, I'll definitely see if I can fix my presets. Since I imagine a LOT of people wont want to work with the tables after the update. So they could just plug a preset table in and edit the text.

Edit: That probably didn't look promising if you read that while my signature was failing >,..,>
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2014-03-08 at 05:45 PM.

My Homebrew