Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
Honestly, I'm disappointed. I understand the benefits that going with the html standard can have, but it's mostly a lot of features that the majority of us won't use anyway. The old format is intuitive and easy to use (I've even come to using that same format to organize things outside these forums, when I want to work on something quick in notepad instead of opening up Word and worrying about formatting), and it's pretty sad that there's no way to get the two to work side by side.
I much preferred the current system for ease of use as well (except for BR issues). Unfortunately, it was not possible to keep it, so now I'm looking to what the future holds and what we (both users and staff) will be able to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
I take it that there's no way to create a new code that would give that older functionality? Like having {table} read both the new and old code is impossible, but couldn't you make a new BBCode something like {oldtable} and configure that to interpret things the way we're used to? Or is that what you already tried and it just doesn't play nice with the new forum software?
I need to make a list of things that are answered in finality. There is no point in asking these, because it's only just going to occupy our time answering in the negative. Not taking a dig at you or anyone else posting, everyone is curious and wants to help out, but there's nothing more to be said on these matters:
  • There was no way to get the two systems to run concurrently.
  • There was no way to use the old and not the new.
  • There is no way to do a board-wide find and replace to switch existing tables safely.