Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
This is my big question, I guess. Right now you can use {table=head]: is that functionality going to go away?
Basically instead of table=head, you'll do something like:

{table}
{tr}{th}*header column 1*{/th}{th}*header column 2*{/th}{th}*header column 3*{/th}{/tr}
{tr}{td}table data for col 1{/td}{td}table data for col 2{/td}{td}table data for col 3{/td}{/tr}
{/table}

Honestly, I'm disappointed. I understand the benefits that going with the html standard can have, but it's mostly a lot of features that the majority of us won't use anyway. The old format is intuitive and easy to use (I've even come to using that same format to organize things outside these forums, when I want to work on something quick in notepad instead of opening up Word and worrying about formatting), and it's pretty sad that there's no way to get the two to work side by side.

I take it that there's no way to create a new code that would give that older functionality? Like having {table} read both the new and old code is impossible, but couldn't you make a new BBCode something like {oldtable} and configure that to interpret things the way we're used to? Or is that what you already tried and it just doesn't play nice with the new forum software?